3. Rocket yoga is based on K. Pattabhi Jois' Ashtanga Vinyasa yoga method, combining and restructuring poses from the Primary and Intermediate Ashtanga series and including a few poses from the advanced (3rd and 4th) series.
7. Larry, who died of natural causes in February 2011, was dubbed the "The Bad Man of Ashtanga Yoga," by K. Pattabhi Jois because Schultz believed that all students should try all poses, even more advanced ones, which is not how they do it in Mysore.
8. Larry taught yoga to the band, Grateful Dead. The founding member of the band, Bob Weir, came up with the name for Rocket yoga because it apparently "takes you there faster" than the traditional Ashtanga yoga way.
10. Classes are 75 minutes long and consist of 142 poses consisting of Sun Salutations (Suryanamaskara) A and B for warm-up, and then 66 standing and seated poses, ending with the traditional closing series.
11. In Rocket Yoga students are allowed to modify or alter traditional poses which they get stuck on. This allows Ashtanga Vinyasa Yoga to be more accessible to those who wouldn't be able to practice the traditional method due to their body structure. They call this the "Art of Modification".