How many times do we hear that yoga is only for bendy ladies? And how often are we bombarded by images of 'perfect' women on the beach doing impossible moves? We refuse to believe that's all there is to yoga. In this second instalment to our #MyYogaBody series, we scouted 21 awesome Instagram yogi MEN that will prove to you that yoga is for everyone.
1. This is how Ronald van Pijkeren tidies up his library.
2. When he's not busy protecting the country, Vince just chills in this pose.
3. Rishabh Sidhpura glows with his flow.
4. Poses Malone is not afraid to show off his zen side.
5. Carlos Hurtado soaks up the sun, yoga style.
6. This is how Adam Husler contemplates happiness.
7. Adil gets the circulation going in shoulder stand.
8. Shhh... Can you keep a secret? Johnny is Superman!
9. As if this pose wasn't hard enough already, Wongi does it on a Dharma wheel.
10. Dancing in the street with Jake Panasevich.
11. Namaste, Dez Udezue!
12. Johannes Bertus De Villiers seems completely happy like this.
13. Do you think Kirk Crowe's name is a coincidence? We think not!
14. Brian likes to tan in Upward Facing Dog.
15. That's a pretty solid chair you've got there, David KBLND.
16. We like Fer Caballero's yogi style.
17. Luciernaga Yogui likes to get off the floor whenever he can.
18. Sander van Haasteren has an open heart.
19. Just a bit of yoga on the beach with Luis Rafael.
20. Daniel Gobits successfully mixes yoga and parenting.
21. John Fortin rewards his hard yoga workout with a little tipple.
Just show these 21 amazing men to anyone who says that yoga is a "girly" sport and dare them to step on the mat. Let's get rid of this crazy stereotype and encourage everyone to try yoga.
Are you a man who does yoga or do you have any inspiring yoga men you would like us to know about? We would love to hear from you! Upload a picture on social media and tag us #lotsofyoga and we will do our best to regram you.
If you are a yoga teacher and would like to be part of the Lots of Yoga community (e.g. to help us develop future posts aimed to inspire, like this story), please join us on our Facebook group Coffee and Yoga where we can bounce ideas off each other!